As has become tradition during the his time in the White House, President Obama’s March Madness bracket predictions hit the day before the beginning of the NCAA Tournament. Having revealed his Final Four predictions on Tuesday night, the President displayed his full bracket on ESPN’s Sportscenter at 9 a.m. EST on Wednesday. Typically, it wasn’t filled with too many bold choices, as the President is customarily fairly safe in his bracket choices.
Lessons from ‘Batman,’ an ex-Chicago gangster
By Lonza “Batman” C. Harris Jr., Special to CNN
Even when he was in a gang, Lonza Harris Jr. says, his goal was to keep kids off the streets.
- Lonza C. Harris Jr. moved to Chicago from rural Arkansas as a kid
- He says he joined the Gangster Disciples as a teen
- He explains his role in a short-lived movement within the gang to try to help kids
- For more on Chicago gangs, watch “Chicagoland” Thursday nights at 10 ET/9 CT on CNN
By Thom Patterson, CNN
What can cause an airplane to disappear?
- ‘Baffled’ experts speculate on what happened to missing airliner
- Ex-DOT inspector Mary Schiavo: It may have been a terrorism “dry run”
- Ex-satellite tracker: It’s possible but unlikely that satellites captured clues about the plane
- Did the plane ditch on the water and then sink?
By Lisa Respers France, CNN
Report: ‘Captain Phillips’ actor is broke
- “Captain Phillips” star Barkhad Abdi’s tale is not rags-to-riches
- He was paid only $65,000 for the role
- Abdi’s next role could be playing South African marathoner
By Matt Smith, CNN
A third of the brain’s volume is composed of blood vessels. Maintaining a healthy blood flow to those blood vessels is critical to keeping the brain young. Here are six ways you can keep your mind sharp:
6 ways to keep the brain young
- A new study suggests Alzheimer’s may be the third-leading U.S. cause of death
- Current figures are “a gross undercount,” Alzheimer’s Association says
- The study followed 2,500 patients for 8 years; 400 died of Alzheimer’s
- Advocates hope the findings will build support for more research